CU Succeed Youth Bursary
The Foundation provides funding for the CU Succeed Youth Bursary program open to resident Ontario post-secondary students in need of financial assistance for academic, technological, or vocational training.
The bursary will be awarded based primarily on two criteria – demonstrated financial need, and community involvement.
When reviewing the application, we also consider:
• Applicants (or their parent) must belong to a credit union which is a member of Ontario Credit Union Foundation (listing here). To receive an award the award recipient must have a credit union account.
• Youth is defined as age 25 by June 30, 2019. (Prior bursary recipients continuing their studies are eligible beyond age 25.)
• Programs of study may be academic, vocational, or technical.
• Rather than obtain detailed information to demonstrate financial need, we expect you to have applied to the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). A copy of your notice of assessment is required. Please note, if OSAP application is not accepted you may still apply.
• Acceptable grades (65% or higher) are required.• Applicants must be Ontario residents and Canadian Citizens or have Landed Immigrant status.
• Applicants must be a graduating high school student or in attendance at a public post-secondary institution in Ontario.
• Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible. However, students on designated programs of study required to become a professional such as a lawyer, doctor, teacher, etc. may apply.
Awards range from $1,000 to $3,000. We will award up to $100,000 in awards in 2019.
Selection and Award Process:
1. The Awards Committee will review all applications and take into consideration the demonstrated financial need, community involvement, personal statement of special circumstances, grades, etc. All decisions are final and will be conveyed in an email.
2. If a Foundation award is approved, it will be disbursed directly to your credit union account.
3. You may be asked to attend your local branch for a photographic presentation which may be used in the Foundation’s and/or credit union’s newsletter or on the website as this is a means of showing the donors their contributions are at work.
1. Applications are to be submitted online by the timetable deadlines noted below.
2. All content on the application is deemed important, but special attention will be given to your video or minimum 500-word essay on why you should receive a bursary from OCUF.
3. Please note the two requested letters of reference must be from an independent third party (i.e. school teacher, employer, coach, etc.)
Applications open April 30, 2019. Applications close June 30, 2019. Application link will be available here following April 30th