Skip to main content

    Becoming A Member

    Joining our Credit Union is quick and easy. Although we are closed bonded to members of L.I.U.N.A. Local 183, membership is open to spouses and immediate family as well.

    Each member must purchase membership shares of $125, making them part owners of the Credit Union. There are many privileges to being a shareholder. You may vote on any of our by-law changes which are presented at our Annual General Meeting, also vote for who you would like to see on the Board of Directors

    To open your membership, you must come to the branch and bring with you 2 (two) pieces of ID. One piece of ID must be a Photo ID.
    All ID's must be valid, current and authentic.

    The following IDs are accepted:

    • Canadian driver's license
    • Canadian passport
    • Canadian birth certificate
    • Ontario Photo ID card
    • Social Insurance Number Card (SIN) (required by law for any interest earning account)
    • Old Age Security Card
    • Certificate Of Canadian Citizenship (prior to 2012)
    • Permanent Resident card
    • Certificate of Indian Status 
    Business Account

    To open a business account with the Credit Union it is mandatory for all signing officers to be a member of L.I.U.N.A. Local 183 and to be in good standing.

    All signing officers for the business are required to be present at the time of account opening. Bring with you two pieces of identification and $625 for deposit into a share account.(See accepted identification above)

    Sole Proprietor: Business Name Registration (Master Business License)

    Partnership: Partnership Registration (and agreement if applicable), trade name registration or master business license.

    Corporation: Articles or certificate of incorporation, most recent filing listing your directors, Trade Name Registration (if applicable)

    If you are incorporated for more than 12 months, one of the following government issued documents are needed: Certificate of Status, Corporate Profile Report, Certificate of Existence or Compliance, Corporate Annual Government Filing, a copy of the Corporation's most recent notice of assessment for income tax, Business Number or the Corporation's most recent GST/PST remittance, Business License or Vendor permits, health or safety certificates.

    Unincorporated Association: Constitutional Documents and bylaws, a document that provides evidence that the individual(s) opening the account on behalf of the association have the authority to do so if no other documentation/formal registration exists, charitable registration number if registered as Not-for-Profit.

    Visit one of our branches at any time during business hours to open your account!