INTERAC® e-Transfer is an easy, convenient and secure way to send and receive money in Canada.
All you need is access to online banking, and you can send money to anyone with an email address. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash.
Receiving an e-Transfer: FREE
Sending an e-Transfer: $1.50
The first time you send or receive and INTERAC® e-Transfer, you will be prompted to set up a profile consisting of your name and email address. This is the information that will be used by INTERAC® to complete your e-Transfers. At any time, you can update this information by simply clicking on Edit Sender Profile.
How to Receive an Interac e-Transfer:
- When you receive an INTERAC e-Transfer email from someone, you can deposit the funds by clicking the link in the email.
- Choose "at a credit union:" and select "Ontario" and then choose "L.I.U.N.A. Local 183 Credit Union"
- Click on "Deposit", and sign in with your Online Banking credentials
- Answer the security question provided by the sender (if you don't know it, contact the sender)
- Select the account to deposit your money into (if you don't see an account, please call us)
- Before you complete the deposit, you can add a message to the sender.
How to Send an Interac e-Transfer:
- Sign into Online Banking and click "Transfers" and then "e-Transfers"
- Enter the amount of money you want to send and the account to withdraw from (if you do not see an account, please call us)
- Select the recipient from your recipient list (or add a new recipient)
- You can enter a short message for the recipient (This message should not contain the answer to the security question)
- Click Continue to complete the transaction
- The recipient will receive an email notification within 30 minutes
***Once money has been deposited by the recipient it cannot be canceled. Be sure to verify the email address before you send money.
- You will need to set up a security question. The recipient is required to provide the answer to this question in order to receive the funds.
- For your security, only you and the recipient should know the security question and answer. You can communicate this to the recipient by phone or in person for additional security.
You can edit recipient's information at any time, or delete a recipient if you no longer need to send them money by email.
For more information visit www.interac.ca